CineStill Film: B&W Monobath Developer
In our interview with CineStill Film, they hinted they have a lot of ideas coming down the line for the film community in 2018. They kept their word! On Tuesday, June 19th, CineStill Film announced they’ve been working on a black and white monobath formula for the past two years: The Df96 Monobath Solution.
We have an exciting new announcement for you! We have been working on monobath technology for the past two years and finally have a perfect solution for B&W film. A modern monobath solution for modern film photography! We believe that this will not only get people interested in film developing at home, but will also improve the results of veteran darkroom enthusiasts as well.
This monobath solution simplifies the black and white development process by combining the developer, stop, and fixer into a single step. According to CineStill Film, the Df96 monobath removes the questions of developer dilutions, agitation times, stop baths, and overdeveloping. Ultimately making it easier to develop film at home for both novices and veterans.
Over-processing is impossible, because the fixing action overtakes chemical development while aiding physical development, creating better image uniformity and finer grain negatives.
Our monobath is unlike home concoctions or old technology that failed years ago. Df96 uses a more effective processing technology (akin to D96 motion picture developer) that buffers fixing, and archival fixing agents that are more solvent and aid in breaking down the silver and redepositing it, to achieve crisp uniform grain and wide development latitude.
- Ready-to-use processing for traditional B&W film in 1 bath
- Worlds fastest process at 80°F in just 3min!
- Flexible processing temperatures (70-80°F)
- Instructions for processing at any room temperature included
- Temp. tolerance is +/-2°F
- For normal or push processing
- Push/Pull processing by adjusting temp. +/- 10°F
- Reusable, all-in-one solution.
- Processes over 16+ rolls of film
- Process 1-8 rolls at a time
- Extremely versatile self-completing process
- No special processor needed (use standard processing tanks and reels)
- Fully archival
Available at CineStillFilm.com for only $16.99, and will distributed worldwide through our Dealers. 1L of reusable monobath solution will easily develop 16+ rolls of film. Simply pour the used chemistry back into the bottle and add 15 seconds for each roll previously processed.
Ultimately, we’re really excited to see this hit the shelves and we’ll be sure to get our hands on it to do some extensive testing!
You must be logged in to post a comment.