Atlanta Photo Walk: 8/4/2018
Due to weather concerns, we will be rescheduling the the photo walk to Saturday, August 4, 2018, 9:00 AM. I apologize for the inconvenience. A new signup page has been published.
We’ve teamed up with the awesome folks at Kodak Professional for the first ever ‘Studio C-41 Atlanta Photo Walk!’
Saturday, July 21, 2018 8:00 AM, for a walk along the Atlanta Belt Line starting at the Ponce City Market. We will walk along the Belt Line to Krog Street and take pictures of the graffiti art in the famous Krog Street Tunnel. Then, we will head back to Ponce City Market. The walk to the tunnel is 1.6 miles along mostly flat side walk, totaling just over 3 miles round trip. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes! It will be hot, so be sure to bring water with you!
Here’s the exciting part! The first 40 people to sign up on our Photo Walk Signup Page on photowalk.me are going to get FREE FILM, courtesy of Kodak Professional! Once signed up, send us an email at email@example.com with your name and whether you want 35mm film or 120.
If you don’t make it onto the sign up sheet for free film, you’re still welcome to attend to network with other photographers!
Sign Up Page: photowalk.me – Requires account creation and email confirmation at sign up.
July 21, 2018, 8:00AM. August 4, 2018, 9:00 AM
Ponce City Market
675 Ponce De Leon Ave. NE
Atlanta, GA 30308
Parking: Parking can be located at Ponce City Market. Price is $1.00 per 30 minutes, $10 for 4-8 hours. Valet Parking is available for $8.00 up to 4 hours. If you decide to park at Ponce City Market, have your license plate number handy as you will have to pay at a station or use the ParkMobile App. Credit card and cash are available payment options.
Meeting Point: We will meet at the rear overhang on the second floor behind the food court. Please arrive a 10-15 minutes early as we will be distributing film to those that sign up on the list.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s the catch? How much does this photo walk cost?
- No catch! It is absolutely free! This is a networking and meet up event for photographers around the Atlanta area!
I created a photowalk.me account up but I didn’t get my confirmation email, what the heck?
- There can be a slight delay when receiving your confirmation email. If you don’t see it after a few minutes, check your junk/spam folder. There is a chance the confirmation email fell there. If you don’t see it there, worry not! Shoot us an email, email@example.com with the issue and we’ll get it squared away.
Can I bring my digital camera?
- Absolutely! You’re more than welcome to bring your digital camera!
Can I bring my large format camera?
- For this walk, we would recommend against it. The Belt Line has rules about tripods on the sidewalks. Since people are riding bicycles and walking/jogging, there can be a lot of traffic and may create a safety concern.
Do I have to stay with the group or can I explore on my own?
- You can certainly explorer on your own! However, we are here to meet other photographers as well, so get to know everybody!
Is the photo walk ADA accessible?
- Yes! The terrain is all flat and will take place along sidewalks the entire time. Ramps and elevators are accessible along the way.
What will you do if it rains?
- We will try to ride it out and see if it clears up. If some reason the weather does not permit, we will post an update to this post and to social media the night before for any cancellations and postpone to a later date.
You must be logged in to post a comment.